Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- You can check out up to 6 ebooks per library card at a time, and each eBook has a limit of 1 renewal.
- All eBooks are free to download.
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the borrowing period, so there are no late fees for any digital materials!
- eBooks can only be downloaded by patrons with a Waukegan Public Library card in good standing (unexpired, fines less than $10).
- eBooks and other digital materials cannot be checked out or requested from other libraries.
- If a title is already checked out by someone, you may place a hold on it just like you would with a physical book.
Not a Waukegan card holder?
You need an active Waukegan Public Library card to download digital materials. If you live in Waukegan and don’t have a library card, get one! If you live outside Waukegan, try contacting your home library to learn about their eBook collection.
Contact the Reference Department
Need help? Contact the Reference Department for direct assistance with downloading library materials to your device!
Want More Help?
OverDrive has a great support website with helpful articles and how-to videos to help you download eBooks and troubleshoot any issues.
If you use the Libby app on your smartphone or tablet, you can get more information here.
You can also find information about OverDrive specific to your device: