Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Each cardholder can download up to 3 titles per week with Freading. Any unused downloads will roll over to the next week, for a total period of 4 weeks, before the downloads reset. Cardholders can have a maximum of 12 unused downloads at any given time.
- Multiple people can read the same eBook at the same time on Freading, so there's never any wait to read the book you want!
- All eBooks are free to download.
- Each eBook can be renewed once for an additional 2 weeks.
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the borrowing period, so there are no late fees for any digital materials!
- eBooks can only be downloaded by patrons with a Waukegan Public Library card in good standing (unexpired, fines less than $10).
- eBooks and other digital materials cannot be checked out or requested from other libraries.
Contact the Reference Department
Need help? Contact the Reference Department for direct assistance with downloading library materials to your device!
Not a Waukegan card holder?
You need an active Waukegan Public Library card to download digital materials. If you live in Waukegan and don’t have a library card, get one! If you live outside Waukegan, try contacting your home library to learn about their eBook collection.